On May 31, 1889, this Post Civil War cast iron statue was swept away by the flood wave and carried to a pile of wreckage downstream. It was returned to the James Morley mansion when it was found. The mansion is now the site of the UPMC Lee Hospital. It remained at the mansion until 1903, when it was taken to the home of James Morley’s son. In 1944 it was donated by the Morley heirs to the City of Johnstown as an artifact of the 1889 flood. This statue resides at the corner of Main and Market Streets across from City Hall in downtown Johnstown.